Ratings - new features implemented
I have just deployed the most recent ratings module. The new features include the following:
1. 'Help' link next to each category. If you click on this, a new popup window shows which should contain what is meant by 1, 2, 3... in each of categories.
2. Feature of comment. When you file a rating, you can put free text comment.
3. When you rate object, there is a new Ratings Detail. It contains table with a list of all ratings. You can basically see whole history (with comments).
4. I added date attribute for ratings. It records time the rating is being filed. For old ratings I put 'date unknown' string.
5. There is a new option 'No vote'. If you file a vote, and want to cancel it, just choose 'No vote' instead of number representing your vote.
I hope those features will make the rating system more usable. Especially that now you can affix a comment explaining your votes. Additionally, the list of votes makes the system more clear - e.g. if you vote, you have to be aware of that your actions are actually displayed to others :)
BTW. When you browse through the ratings, please bear in mind that the anti-spamming algorithm is deployed (I know I should not use the spamming word for this!). The details can be found here: http://planetmath.org/?op=getmsg&id=19304
- Planetary Bugs
- Research Topics
- LaTeX help
- Math Comptetitions
- Math History
- Math Humor
- PlanetMath Comments
- PlanetMath System Updates and News
- PlanetMath help
- Strategic Communications Development
- The Math Pub
- Testing messages (ignore)
- Other useful stuff